We bring you five (5) memorable quotes from former President of Ghana, the late Jerry John Rawlings.
These quotes were made during his reign as president of the Fourth Republic of Ghana.
Check out five (5) memorable quotes from Jerry John Rawlings during his reign as president of the Fourth Republic of Ghana.
- “Nothing beats logic than a government that forces itself on its citizens. A genuine conducted electoral process should be without the harsh use of the armed forces, and without fear of intimidation. This is the best way to assure people that their will has prevailed, thus produces a cleansing effect in the society.”
- “Democracy is not realized merely by having a machinery for registering voters and getting them to vote every four years, but also by there being a machinery for identifying the needs of those voters in between the election periods, and monitoring the realization of those needs.”
- “It is not the absence of military interventions, which we seem to have achieved that will restore democracy, freedom, justice, and development. What is required is the integrity of leadership and the ability to empower the people. Leadership should have confidence in our people and not feel intimidated by empowering them.”
- “What form of government adopt as citizens to suit our peculiar circumstances, our basic tenet is our common yearning and concern for every person, for politics, whatever its color must be an avenue to serve our fellow men.”
- “Food is a political weapon…Africa’s foremost defense is self-sufficiency in food. Until we attain a substantial measure of freedom from food dependency, we are vulnerable to manipulation by the wealthier nations.”