Since social media became hugely popular some years ago, some people have been worried about the possibility that their partners may be using WhatsApp to cheat and conduct adulterous affairs.
This is partly because social media seems to make cheating easier as it allows people to reconnect with former flames and to communicate more securely. Here is how you can use WhatsApp to find out if your partner is cheating on you using the social media application.
To check if your partner is cheating on you using WhatsApp Messenger, the only method that you can use is to exploit the WhatsApp web feature.
While WhatsApp itself cannot be hacked, it doesn’t mean that you cannot read other people’s messages. You can exploit WhatsApp’s Web service to suit this exact purpose!
As some of you may know, WhatsApp can be used on your phones as well as your laptops, PCs, and other similar devices. The reason for that is the WhatsApp Web service is meant to make it easier for you to keep up with messages regardless of the device you are using at any given time.
With a little work, WhatsApp Web can be exploited to suit our needs. To accomplish this, you will need to have physical access to (the target phone) whose WhatsApp you want to spy on. If your partner’s phone is protected by a PIN or a pattern, you will also need to know those.
The way these method works is quite simple. WhatsApp Web requires you to scan a QR code (like the one shown below) displayed on a web page from your app.
How to read your partner’s WhatsApp messages using a computer
- While on your computer, go to https://web.whatsap.com. Once there, you should see a QR code like the one above. That webpage also has instructions for Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone.
2. Open WhatsApp on your partner’s phone.
- Go to Menu/Settings.
- Select the WhatsApp Web option.
- Scan the QR code on the computer screen using your partner’s phone.
When the scan is successful, WhatsApp Web will connect automatically. Then, you will be able to read messages from the target phone as if it was your own account!
How to Read Your Partner’s WhatsApp messages using your phone
This method is more or less the same as above. However, you can use your own phone instead of a computer. This is very useful if you are out and about and do not have access to a laptop or a PC.
- Open Google Chrome on your phone.
- Go to the https://web.whatsapp.com page.
- Open the Settings menu from the top right corner.
- Check the Request Desktop version box.
- You will now be able to see a QR code exactly like you would if you were on a computer. Scan the QR code on the computer screen using your partner’s phone.
Please note that there is an important caveat regarding using WhatsApp Web to spy on other people. The latest versions of Android and iOS operating systems send a persistent notification to the target phone letting them know that WhatsApp Web is active. Thus, your partner can know that you are spying on them and bust you.
Also if you are so worried that your partner may be cheating on you that you have to resort to such measures, you probably need to reevaluate your relationship with the person.
We welcome your views in the comment section below or visit OccupyGh.com for more stories.