Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

Man’s Body Cut In Half After Running To Catch Train In South Africa

Man's Body Cut In Half by Train In South Africa
Man's Body Cut In Half After Running To Catch Train In South Africa

A young man in Cape Town met his untimely death when his body cut in half in an attempt to catch a train at Brackenfell station.

Commuters had to contend with delays of more than two hours after a man’s body was sliced in half after being hit by a train at Brackenfell station.

Western Cape spokesperson Mihlali Majikela confirmed the incident took place at 6.30 pm on Monday and that an inquest docket had been opened for investigation.

“It is alleged that the deceased (male) fell and was hit by a train. He was fatally injured and was declared dead on the scene,” said Majikela.

Metrorail spokesperson Riana Scott said the “line was cleared for safe operation at 8.57 pm”.

The Daily Voice reported that there was chaos at the train station after the victim’s remains had been strewn across the railway tracks.

His upper body was lying on the train tracks while his lower half lay between the platform and tracks.

According to witnesses, the man had been running to hop on the moving train when he fell.

BREAKING:  "Almost 39, Not Married, No Child, No Relationship; I'm Hopeless" - Ghanaian Lady Cries In Viral Video

“The train was already moving and he ran to catch it. The people started shouting at the conductor to stop the train,” said a commuter.

“It looks like he fell and landed under the train. He was cut in two, it was a gruesome sight.”

In June last year, a man’s body was split in two after he stepped in front of a train near the old Clovelly train station in Fish Hoek, South Africa.

It was believed to have been a suicide. The 45-year-old man had stepped in front of the train at 1.50 pm on a Wednesday.

Loading…

Source: OccupyGh.com

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: OccupyGh.com 

Click To Join Our WhatsApp Community

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Advertisement

OccupyGh.com - Ghana Homepage, Ghanaweb, Ghana News, Ghana Entertainment News, We serve as an unbiased Ghana News source to inform people about recent or important events and information in categories including but not limited to entertainment, sports, finance, business, and celebrity news. Powered by OccupyGh Concept Limited, a premier entertainment company with 8 years of experience in Entertainment, Local New, and Everything Lifestyle. Phone +233 247 659 843. Contact us: [email protected]