Imagine cleaning your daughter’s room and finding a snake, mistakenly it for a shoelace?
Yes, that’s the trauma this young mother was faced with.
The young mother almost picked up the poisonous snaked thinking it to be a shoelace while cleaning the room of her daughter.
The woman, called Meg, was tidying up her daughter’s room when she saw what she thought was a shoelace. Before picking it up, she turned the light on just to check what it was and she realized it was a snake.
She told 2GB:
“I thought it was a shoelace … I was actually going to pick it up and then I thought ‘oh I’d just turn the light on and see what it is.”
The viral video captured her daughter saying “It’s okay, it’s so cute.”
They managed to catch the snake in a container and put it outside under a tree.
The snake is believed to have been a golden-crowned snake and its venom is relatively mild.