The breakdown of the victims:
- 29-year-old Ghanaian lady; resident of Accra; no history of travel; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory.
- A 34-year-old Ghanaian lady resident of Accra; contact of a confirmed case at a place of work; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory.
- 41-year-old Ghanaian male; arrived in Ghana by KLM on the 15 March 2020; indicated exposure with family members in Amsterdam exhibiting respiratory symptoms and also on the flight with some passengers sneezing and coughing; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory.
- 36-year-old Ghanaian male; resident of Paris, France; date of arrival in Ghana unconfirmed; no evidence of contact with an infected person.
- 53-year-old Ghanaian male, resident of Tema; no history of travel, no evidence of close contact with a confirmed case; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory.
This brings to a total of sixteen (16) confirmed cases of the deadly COVID-19 in Ghana.
The Ghana Health Service has revealed that contact tracing has already been initiated. Visit OccupyGh.com for more stories.